Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Greetings

 Hello fellow music lovers, my name is Savannah Kosinski and I am 27 years old. I moved to Alaska a year ago with my husband and two dogs (see below) from Arizona. We have absolutely loved the change in scenery and enjoy all that nature has to offer here. My husband is in the Air Force and I was a military brat as a child so the constant change in location has been a great way to experience different cultures. I have lived in Japan, Florida, England, Connecticut, Arizona and now Alaska. Waiting to see where this adventure takes us next!


Music has always been a big part of my life, as a child and adult. My parents always played their favorite music around the house. Growing up I remember every weekend having one of them ask us kids to pick out a CD to throw into the stereo while we make breakfast. They would take breaks from cooking meals and dance with us. Rarely ever was it the same genre of music. As I got older and moved into my own home, I still continue to play music all the time, cook and dance with my husband and plan on continuing that tradition with our kids. I don't currently play any instruments but have thought about taking up one in the future. For now I enjoy listening to my husband play piano. I've been to a couple concerts in the past and love the music but don't always enjoy the tight loud spaces. Smaller venues like bars or local concerts I prefer. Has a more intimate feel and also you get to see people who you would never stumble upon otherwise. 


Wolf Like Me by TV On The Radio is one of my favorite songs. I also think this would be my theme song as we discussed in the start of the class. 

Also background photo credit to Mori Raito, a polish artist on Instagram. 


5 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful and so are your fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw TV on the Radio in concert at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in 2015; their music evokes nostalgia that transports you back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Welcome to Alaska! I've been to Arizona three times now and I'm always surprised at how different it is than here. Lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also moved here a year ago because my husband is in the army and, I also grew up a military brat. I love that your family would just stop and enjoy those little moments dancing together and what a beautiful tradition that will be to continue with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Music & the Fictive Dream

  Remember Me ( spoilers, but if you haven't seen it by now I am shocked) The song Remember Me is sung in the 2017 Disney Pixar movie ...